Monday, May 30, 2011

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

First of all:

DON'T PANIC.

Second of all, I recently finished reading Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. For anyone who knows me, science fiction is not usually my usual go-to genre. However, I had seen the movie years ago and I've been told countless times that Douglas Adams is pure and utter genius. And, it turns out he is. In this Sci-Fi spoof, Arthur Dent travels through the galaxy with his alien friend, Ford Prefect, after the Earth has been demolished in order to make way for an intergalactic bypass. Aided by the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they encounter planet builders, a depressed robot, and the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. The whole book is filled with Adam's clever wit and comedic dialogue, and I'm looking forward to eventually reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment