Thursday, August 23, 2012

Coffee, coffee, coffee, tea


As far as I am concerned, there are two kinds of mornings: mornings that start with coffee and mornings that start with tea.

Starting off a morning with coffee for me is nearly the same as ending a sentence with a period, wanting tacos for lunch/dinner/breakfast, and wearing the color blue. Meaning, it happens almost every day. A typical day following a cup (or two or three) of coffee involves schoolwork, work work, and an overwhelming desire to nap. These days include deadlines to be met, papers to be written, and a hefty dose of stress. In other words, the coffee consumed in the morning (and afternoon) acts as a life source. It keeps me from wearing mismatched shoes and reminds me that chocolate is not an appropriate breakfast… by itself. (If it is in the form of a muffin, donut, croissant, and/or cookie, then by all means.)

A day that begins with tea is a whole other ballpark. Less caffeine means less work, obviously. These days include leisure reading, casual laundry, and long bike rides. Maybe I’ll run some errands, go to the bank, or sort through my junk e-mail. Or maybe I’ll rifle through the pantry for the third time before eventually deciding on whole wheat toast and blueberry preserves for breakfast. In any case, the day is sure to end with a healthy balance of productivity and browsing on Pinterest for the best Gilmore Girls quotes.

Can you guess what was in my mug this morning?

1 comment: